Ari Kaplan mediates all employment law and pension and benefit disputes involving:
- Employers (corporations and private sector, agencies and public sector, boards of directors, boards of governors, multi-employers)
- Unions and Associations (grievance arbitration, bargaining and committees, bylaws and constitutions, union-sponsored and staff plans)
- Administrators (pension committees, boards of trustees, wind-up professionals)
- Individuals (employees, pensioners, spouses and beneficiaries)
- Governments (agencies, regulators, legislators and adjudicators)
- Lenders and creditors (financial institutions and insurers, bondholders, creditor committees, debtors-in-possession)
- Service providers (accountants, actuaries, advisors, investment managers and consultants, trustees).
In court proceedings, Ari facilitates to resolve group and individual interests in employment, benefit, termination or insurance disputes. In labour proceedings, Ari leads grievance arbitration on pensions and benefits with an eye on consensual resolution. In regulatory proceedings, Ari helps parties resolve uncertainties with agencies and governments.
Ari Kaplan has 18 years experience in workplace law advocacy and settlement on behalf of unions and associations, employees and pensioners, boards of trustees, private and public sector. He is a balanced neutral with subject expertise. Ari’s book Pension Law is cited in dozens of judgments and arbitration awards.